Monday, December 19, 2016

Cares and Caress

You won't know how I feel about you
You won't know how I thought about you
You won't know how I daydreamed about you
You won't know how I catch myself thinking of you
You won't know how I let it all go

   In time the glimpses like all souvenirs
   Slowly fade away

   I don't seek out replacements
  for fantasies never bearing fruit
   I don't seek out substitutes
  for pleasures withheld from skin
   I don't seek out charity
  for treasures staying buried

I've watched you cross your legs
 Cross your eyes
  Cross your fingers
 Cross your lips
Smiles tricked from within by
 Ghostly puns or spirited jokes
 {there was no one there to see}
 {was there? no one there but me?}

    I don't know how you feel about me
    I don't know how you thought about me
    I don't know how you daydreamed about me
    I don't know how you caught yourself thinking of me
    I don't know how you let it all go

Unless it's just the forgetting that comes from change
Our Daily Oblivion

 I care so much for you
 I hope you find the secret

  I don't know who I'm talking to
  But you're close enough for me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is this wise?
Is this yours?
Is this love?

Real Time Web Analytics